“Want to make somebody lose her belief that harming somebody else is wrong? All you have to do is hold a special magnet up to her head in the right place.
Using a technique called transcranial magnetic stimulation – in which magnets are used to disrupt neural activity in specific parts of the brain – scientists managed to “turn off” people’s moral centers. According to a release from PNAS, which published results of the study yesterday.”
- “Knowledgeable individuals protect the wisdom of crowds” (Ed Young)
- Study: Word sounds contain clues for language learners
- The Power of Negative Thinking (Study; SA)
- Smoking experience modulates the cortical integration of vision and haptics (Study)
- Chinese-English bilinguals are ‘automatic’ translators (Study)