“…we are producing the most narcissistic “Generation Me” in history. […] A study of 14,000 college students found that today’s young people are 40 % less empathetic than college kids from 30 years ago. […] Researchers analyzed data from studies conducted between 1979 and 2009, and found the sharpest drop in empathy occurred in the last nine years.
For instance, today’s students are less likely to agree with statements like, “I sometimes try to understand my friends better by imagining how things look from their perspective” and “I often have tender, concerned feelings for people less fortunate than me.””
- “Knowledgeable individuals protect the wisdom of crowds” (Ed Young)
- Study: Word sounds contain clues for language learners
- The Power of Negative Thinking (Study; SA)
- Smoking experience modulates the cortical integration of vision and haptics (Study)
- Chinese-English bilinguals are ‘automatic’ translators (Study)