“…we are producing the most narcissistic “Generation Me” in history. […] A study of 14,000 college students found that today’s young people are 40 % less empathetic than college kids from 30 years ago. […] Researchers analyzed data from studies conducted between 1979 and 2009, and found the sharpest drop in empathy occurred in the last nine years.
For instance, today’s students are less likely to agree with statements like, “I sometimes try to understand my friends better by imagining how things look from their perspective” and “I often have tender, concerned feelings for people less fortunate than me.””
- Study shows people give up part of themselves when acting
- Depression in 20s linked to memory loss in 50s, psychologists find
- Mysterious new brain cell found in people
- Why Westerners Fear Robots and the Japanese Do Not | WIRED
- Artificial Intelligence Can Predict Your Personality By Simply Tracking Your Eyes – Neuroscience News